IDM UPGRADE FROM 7.1 TO 8.1
Some Standard steps for upgrade:
Step1: Apply the Database scripts on Oracle Repository. (make sure take a full-backup of your database before applying the scripts)
Step2: you must Remove the hotfixes class files from the “WEB-INF/classes” directory.
Step3: Before the new version installation take a snapshot of the configuration objects.
Step4: stop the ActiveSync and Reconciliation process. And stop the Application server.
Step5: Upgrade all passwordSync from 7.1 to 8.1 in all domains and Restart the domain controls.
Step6: Upgrade Gateways from 7.1 to 8.1.
Step7: start installation of new version of sun idm.
Step8: we can install through GUI or Manual.
Step9: GUI Installation process
1. Click on the install and you will get the welcome screen.
2. Select the upgrade option click on next
3. Select the installation directory (select the where the old installation directory is there)
4. If you get any error while installation you can look into log file, if it success close the installer.
5. Remove all the complied sun idm files from the work directory of the application server.
Step10: Manual Installation process:
1. Stop the Application server and Gateways.
2. Setup Environment
Export ISPATH= path to install software
Export WSHOME= path to install idm or staging directory
Export TEMP= path to temporary Directory
3. Run the Pre-process
jar -xvf $ISPATH/idm.war \
java -classpath $CLASSPATH -Dwaveset.home=$WSHOME \
4. Install the software
Jar –xvf $PATH/idm.war
5. Run the post-process
java -classpath $CLASSPATH -Dwaveset.home=$WSHOME
6. If you are installed into staging directory create .war for deployment to your application server.
7. Remove the idm files from the application server work directory.
Step11: We need to create a new AD Resource Adapter with new name, and delete the old Resource Adapter. And change new resource name to old one.
Step12: do the step11 for rest of the resources.
Step13: Take a another snapshot. And we can compare this snap files and which we took before the upgrade. So, that we can make the necessary customizations to upgrade files.
Step14: Import the update.xml through LH console. It will update some the Taskinstances, userobjects, etc
Step15: Build the custom java classes and make the customizations in xpress code and publish the objects and run the custom-init.xml.
Step16: Do some of the testing in Development Environment.
If you have any issues in upgrade process refer to Sun IDM issues or leave a comment……
Thanks watching this blog…….